DCSim is a one-of-a-kind tool for improving distribution center logistics. Drawing on the practical expertise of Brazil's Belge Consulting and using the powerful ProModel® simulaton engine, DCSim allows you to assess and analyze key DC management decisions in a realistic environment. Imagine testing your ideas in a virtual DC, risk free.
DCSim is an easy-to-use package with a standardized architecture easily customized to suit your specific distribution facility. This approach reduces the effort of constructing a new simulation model by as much as 70%, when compared to the use of generic modeling software.
What is simulation?
Simulation is a dynamic modeling technology that enables time-based analysis of complex logistics systems on a PC. Using a realistic base model, DCSIM lets you configure and test a variety of scenarios that include variable demand; equipment constraints, downtimes and maintenance; work scheduling and shifts; resource competition, etc.
DCSim has helped innovative distribution professionals achieve the following results:
- Up to a 40% increase in outbound capacity, made possible through the identification and modification of system bottlenecks;
- Minimized startup errors in new and modified DCs;
- Up to a 30% reduction in human resource requirements during peak days;
- Operational cost reductions of up to 35%.
Avoid damage to rework occurring when a new DC or modified enter into operation.
Benefits | Advantages
- Dynamic analysis of DC operations;
- Evaluation of inherent variability;
- Identification of best layout;
- Optimal planning of resources / stock areas / docks;
- Analysis and improvement of methods and procedures;
- Bottleneck identification;
- Resource reductions;
- Increased productivity.
Static analysis with Spreadsheets X Dynamic analysis with simulation:
|Static Analysis||Dynamic Analysis|
|Operation scheduling.||Not considered||Considered|
|Simultaneous requisition of the same resource.||Not considered||Considered|
|Variability in process times, velocities, demands, downtimes.||Not considered||Considered|
|Productivity index (example: pallets/hour when picking or loading pallets in a truck).||Input data resulting in errors because the productivity index is a result of several factors, such as: number of resources, process times, vehicle arrivals, departure scheduling, etc.||Output data. A result of all constraints cycles, demands, number of resources, etc.|
For more information download our presentation: CLICK HERE
Or contact us: email@example.com